- 3 egg whites
- 9 oz. castor sugar
- 1 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 14 oz. ground almonds
- 2 tbsp rose water (you can use distilled or spring water if this is all you have)
- 3/9 oz. whole pistachios shelled
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Put the egg whites in a mixing bowl and whisk into soft or stiff peaks (an electric mixer makes this much easier to do), gradually adding the sugar as you whisk. When all the sugar has been incorporated, add the cardamom, ground almonds, and rose water and combine all the ingredients together.
2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. wet your hands with water so the mixture won’t stick to your fingers. Divide the mixture into small walnut sized balls and arrange on the banking parchment, allowing sufficient space around each ball. Place a pistachio in the center of each.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store the macaroons in an airtight container. They will keep for up to 2 weeks.