Stinky Shoe Eliminator
Do you have an almost empty bottle of essential oil? Don’t waste any. Use it to get rid of that stinky shoe smell.
Here’s what you do:
- stuff a cotton ball or two into the essential oil bottle
- put the cap back on
- leave the cotton balls in there for a day or two — the cotton ball will absorb any leftover essential oil
- after a couple days, pull the cotton ball out of essential oil bottle (use tweezers if needed)
- insert essential-oil infused cotton balls into shoes (one into the toe area of each shoe)
- leave them in shoes 1-2 days (at least overnight)
- remove cotton balls and enjoy your clean & fresh-smelling shoes
Tea tree oil works great for this as it’s antibacterial and antifungal, but there are others that are as well that you can give a try such as peppermint, lemon, eucalyptus, lavender, or pine.
If you don’t have an empty EO bottle, you can simply add 2-3 drops of essential oil onto a cotton ball and place in the toe of shoes.