Makes 8 – 1/2 OZ. TUBES or TINS
Depending on the wax you decide to use, you may need to add a bit more wax to make it harder or a bit more oil to make it softer.
- ¼ cup almond, coconut, or grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup butter – cocoa, shea, or even mango
- Beeswax or soy wax – enough wax to make ¾ cup total lip balm mixture.
- 3 drops essential oil, (lavender, peppermint, grapefruit, orange, lemon, and rose are of my faves.
- 1 teaspoon herbs for color, such as beetroot powder – Totally optional.
- Place the oil and butter into a heatproof glass measuring cup. Microwave 1-2 minutes until melted.
- Add enough wax to the previous mixture to make a total of ¾ cup. Place back in the Microwave for a few seconds until all is melted. (handle with care as it will be hot)
- Stir the melted mixture with a metal spoon. Let the spoon dry till hard and see if the mixture is too hard or too soft for your liking. If too hard, add more oil. If too soft, add more wax.
- Add your essential oil. Then if you want color, add the beetroot powder. Stir well.
- Carefully pour into lip balm tubes or tins. (You can get the smaller tubes if you like those better).
*You can also add a bit of stevia before letting the mixture harden if you would like to add some sweetness.