If you are like me, you look at those green smoothies and your first impression is …uh…no. I was like that for a long time before I decided to take the plunge and delve into some green goodness.
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 banana
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 cup soy, or almond milk
- 2 cups fresh kale or spinach
- Ice cubes (optional)
- 1 scoop Plant protein powder (optional)
- 1 banana
- 1 huge handful spinach
- 2 dates
- 1 scoop Vanilla Plant Protein Powder (or 1 tsp vanilla)
- 1/3 c oats
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1/2 c water
- Blend all ingredients in a blender to desired smoothness.
- add ice cubes and further blend to desired smoothness.
Easy Peasy and oh so nourishing. Either makes a great breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack. If you don’t care for one of the fruits listed, simply don’t add it, or substitute another fruit of your choice. You really can’t go wrong. The second recipe tastes like a cookie.
If you try either of these, let me know what you thought of it. If you have your own green smoothie sensation you make, please share in the comments – we’d love to hear it.