I know, I know, It’s the time of year now that you see and hear about pumpkins so much you feel like screaming. Everything is pumpkin scented, and pumpkin tasting.
Pumpkin, however, does have some grand health benefits that we can all take advantage of. They are packed with vitamins, beta-carotene, fiber, potassium, and help balance glucose levels so don’t balk too much at this delicious fruit.
To make those morning pancakes healthier here is a better-for-you-version.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut (or almond) milk
- 1 cup coconut (or almond) flour
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients until smooth- don’t overmix
- Heat a tad bit of grapeseed oil in a skillet
- pour your batter into the skillet in small to medium size pancakes and cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with all natural pure maple syrup. (I also like to add some greek yogurt and fruit such as the peaches here.)
This won’t be as bready as regular pancakes, but they are a whole lot of nutritious yum!!!