- 1 3/4 cups walnuts toasted, finely ground in a food processor
- 2 cups oats divided
- 3/4 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 3.5 Tbsp coconut oil make sure it’s room temperature and not a solid
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips to make this totally vegan style)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, 1/2 the oats, and brown sugar.
- Process in a food processor or with a beater for 20 seconds until mixed thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla. Add to the previous dry mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Mix in 1 cup of oats. Then slowly add the chocolate chips. Do not over blend these.
- Make small dough balls with your hand or with an ice cream scoop.
- Place dough balls on the cookie sheet, and flatten. make sure there is space between each ball.
Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes.