I know this isn’t the most pleasant thing for a discussion. It is, however, a fact of life’s cycle. Sometimes that bathroom vent just isn’t enough. It seems to only circulate the odor around for a bit before it pulls it through and away from your bathroom. Have you ever gone to see a relative in a nursing home and the stench of urine and feces is overbearing? It is partly because that stench settles into the paint and fibers of the walls.
If you read my blog, then you know that I don’t like those chemical laden products filling my home. I am always looking to more natural ways of curing a problem. This situation is no different. Does your spouse come out of the bathroom after a half hour and say “I wouldn’t go in there for a month if I was you”. Yeah yeah, we know.
After seeing a website that sold some “poo spray” I thought hmmm…I could surely make something similar that would work. So, after a further search, here is a nice solution to help curb the lingering odor of the not-so-delightful number two business that is simply a fact of life – using chemicals to get the smell out doesn’t have to be.
- A small blue or amber glass spray bottle
- 1 teaspoon Isopropyl Alcohol (can be found at any dollar store)
- Essential Oils – 40 drops (15 drops lavender, 15 drops lime, 10 drops lemon is a nice combo)
- 3 oz. pure or distilled water
- Add the alcohol to the spray bottle
- Add the essential oil to the spray bottle and shake up
- Fill the spray bottle the rest of the way to the top with the water.
Shake and add 3-4 sprays to the toilet water BEFORE using the bathroom. The spray helps to trap the odor below the surface as you use the bathroom leaving less smell to fill your bathroom. You can also use the spray to freshen your bathroom further anytime it’s needed. Easy Peasy right?